Monday, July 27, 2009

Tons of Tomatoes

Each of the 5 tomato plants in Our Suburban Garden is full sized and ready to bear fruit. Here is a photo from the Early Girl plant. I wonder what is going to happen in August. So far 98 percent of our tomatoes have come from the volunteer plant. The volunteer plant must have at least 80 more green tomatoes right now. Pretty soon the other plants will begin to produce. We already picked 80 tomatoes. Once August hits, how many tomatoes will we get? Can not imagine having so many tomatoes. Can anyone say tomato juice?

5 comments:

  1. That's an impressive harvest on its way. So very jealous! Hope they taste delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I couldn't figure how you had so much produce. I hadn't remembered you are in CA. It is nice that you live in a good climate for growing good food and that you are doing it. I haven't had a ripe tomato yet but in August we will finally have more than we need. Keep up the good work, eat hearty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, 80 tomatoes picked to my 2...good job. A 30 foot garden row is obviously enough and enough is as good as a feast. Three cheers for the volunteer!:) One of my volunteer tomatoes tagged "Mystery tomato" is really starting to get loaded as well...make sure and save some seed off your mystery tomato, it sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of tomatoes! I love finding volunteer tomato plants. I actually saw one in a parking lot planting area next to some shrubs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. You rock!!